Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon July 10, 2006
Groutage and Thomas Disagree Over Coal to Diesel Efforts
Laramie, Wy – The Democratic candidate for U-S Senate says incumbent Craig Thomas has failed the state by not bringing in money to build a coal to diesel plant.
Dale Groutage says creating gas and diesel from coal is key to creating energy independence. And he says Senator Thomas has had his opportunity to attract a plant to the state.
In response Senator Thomas' spokesperson says that there are several companies looking to build coal to diesel plants in Wyoming. And those companies are benefiting from federal financing that Thomas helped arrange.