Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue March 14, 2006
Guard Reaches Goals In Wyoming
Laramie, Wy – The Wyoming army national guard has already met its end-of-year recruiting goals. Bringing nearly 1700 new soldiers on board. That's in contrast to nationwide figures which show the army guard behind in recruiting. Major fred fichtner says that Wyoming has managed to reach its goal despite the fact that most new recruits will likely be deployed to Iraq or other overseas conflicts.
Fichtner says about sixty percent of recruits have no prior military service.