Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri March 12, 2004
Harry Tipton Dies
Lander, WY – Longtime state representative Harry Tipton died Thursday. Tipton died at his home in Lander surrounded by family and friends. He was 76 and had been suffering from leukemia. A Republican, Tipton served 24 years in the Wyoming House and practiced medicine in Fremont County for 50 years. His illness kept him from attending this year's budget session. Senator Cale Case, also from Lander, says many folks talk about compassionate conservatism, but Harry Tipton lived it.