Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu November 3, 2005
Hathaway Now or Later?
Cheyenne, Wy – Supporters of a plan to provide scholarship money to Wyoming graduates want the legislature to allocate 400 million dollars this session. That way students can get money next fall. Senator Tex Boggs says this would encourage the students to do better in the classroom. He says the legislature's appropriations committee is already looking at a major price tag for education so it will be interesting to see if the committee and the legislature decide to fully fund the project.
While some committee members are excited about funding scholarship program now others think spending a much smaller amount in the first couple of years is a better approach.