Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu August 16, 2012
HEADLINE: Laramie man shot by police is in serious, stable condition
Laramie police say that a Laramie man was shot last night after assaulting a police officer.
Laramie Police Commander Mitch Cushman says two Laramie Police officers responded to a call about a car burglary.
“Upon their arrival, they were confronted by an aggressive male subject who assaulted one of the officers with a weapon. During that altercation, the suspect was shot by that officer.”
The suspect is 26 year-old Kevin R. Cook.
Cushman would not release the type of weapon the suspect carried. He also declined to name the officers involved, pending investigation.
The injured officer was hospitalized and released. Cook was also taken to Ivinson Memorial Hospital, but was transferred elsewhere for surgery. He is in serious but stable condition.
The officers involved have been placed on paid administrative leave, which, Cushman says, is normal protocol.
The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation will investigate the incident.