Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue March 20, 2012
Health Insurance exchange to be discussed
A Wyoming Business Organization is hosting a forum next week about a state Health Insurance Exchange. A health insurance exchange is an on-line marketplace where people can more easily purchase and compare health insurance coverage. Anne Ladd of the Wyoming Business Coalition on Health says her organization favors a health insurance exchange because it addresses rising costs for employers. Ladd says the concept allows budgeting.
“How much money am I willing to contribute to my employees health benefits? They make that contribution to the exchange and then each individual can go to the exchange and say well I want a plan that has richer benefits here and less benefits here. So it’s a benefit to both the employer and the employee.”
The state is currently studying how an exchange would work in Wyoming. The forum will be held Wednesday the 28th at the Ramkota in Casper. Those interested in participating can find out more information at www.wyohealth-dot-org.