Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon November 28, 2005
Healthy Communities Proposal Pitched
Gillette, Wy – A Healthy community task force in Gillette has come up with seven priorities that it believes will create successful students as well as successful family cultures in the community. Among the suggestions is a family advocacy center. Committee Co-chairwoman Linda Jennings says that is an attempt to get resources to parents.Nurses in schools and random drug testing are among the other ideas. Jennings says the idea is based on a similar initiative in Mississippi. The thinking is that if you want students to learn you need to help them. The school board will hear the proposals later this month.