Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon December 26, 2005
Holiday Scams In Casper
Casper, Wy – Holiday scammers are targeting Casper area
businesses this holiday season.
Someone claiming to be associated with the Better Business
Bureau has been calling businesses and asking for sensitive
information such as bank account numbers.
Barbara Read, communications director for the Mountain States
Better Business Bureau, said her organization does sometimes
request basic information from businesses that are generating
inquiries. However, she said that is always done in writing.
Read warned that people should never give out information over
the phone unless they are certain of the person who is making the
Read said travel scams are also prevalent this time of year. She
warned that surcharges and restrictions on the trips offered often
wind up costing people more money than simply purchasing a trip