Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Best of Wyoming
Tue May 7, 2013
Homesteader Museum - Powell
Celebrating one of the nation’s first Reclamation Land and Dam Projects, the Homesteader Museum features the pioneering spirit that built a western town and turned barren sagebrush fields into fertile land. With hundreds of exciting vintage displays, the museum has been described as “the best hidden treasure in Wyoming!” Step into homesteader cabins, let your kids climb aboard the Burlington Northern caboose and experience exhibits that will take you back in time.
Come learn about Homesteading History!
Hours are Tuesday – Friday, 10-5. May
Summer hours June through Sept. 30 Tues-Fri. 10-5, Sat. 10-2
No admission charge. Donations welcome!
This year the Homesteader Museum is celebrating the YEAR OF FOOD, with exhibits and activities centered around the Smithsonian’s KEY INGREDIENTS: America by Food exhibit, which arrives at The Homesteader August 24, 2013.
For more information, visit the Homesteader Museum web site.