Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue January 2, 2007
Inauguration Events Tuesday
Laramie, Wy – Governor Freudenthal's second inauguration is today (Tuesday).
The ceremony is scheduled for ten a-m at the Cheyenne Civic Center.
Also being sworn in are Max Maxfield as secretary of state, Rita Meyer as state auditor, Joe Meyer as state treasurer and Jim McBride as superintendent of public instruction.
The ceremony will be followed by a reception at the Capitol rotunda at 11:30 this morning.
Both the inauguration ceremony and the reception are free and open to the public.
Tonight, an inaugural gala is scheduled for seven p-m the Taco John's Events Center in Cheyenne. Tickets for that event can still be purchased at the Hitching Post Inn in Cheyenne between noon and four p-m today. The cost is 30-dollars a person.
Freudenthal won a second term in the November election. He got 70 percent of the vote over Republican challenger Ray Hunkins.