Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Fri December 18, 2009
Jackson airport prepares for the holidays
By Bob Beck
Laramie, WY – Jackson Hole is about to get busier. Airport officials say a number of people have made plans to come to the area for the holidays. Jackson Airport Manager Ray Bishop says a number of extra flights are starting this weekend, "By Saturday we will have the American airlines from Chicago and Dallas, the 757's from Denver and Salt Lake City. And I think the Atlanta flight starts this Saturday, as well as Minneapolis. And we have Los Angeles direct service now too. "
The airport is also preparing for some long lines this weekend. Bishop says they have a lot of planes leaving Jackson during the same time period.
"That rush has dislocated to the noon to 1pm time frame. And we have about 700 seats departing between 12:30 and 1:30. "
Bishop says for that reason people need to arrive two hours early. Meanwhile, Bishop expects an excellent holiday tourist season, noting that a number of extra flights will be arriving from across the country this weekend.