Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
Fri August 23, 2013
Landscape artist Kathryn Turner reflects on her muse, the Tetons
Wyoming landscape painter Kathryn Turner grew up on Triangle X Ranch in Grand Teton National Park surrounded by dramatic views of her favorite subject, the Tetons.
And in her words, she’s spent the past 20 years trying to do them justice. “And they are challenging! And what makes them challenging is they’re always changing, with the light, with the seasons, with the way the clouds move over them, obscuring them, changing the shadows. So they provide a lifetime of material,” added Turner.
Kathryn Turner’s new exhibition ‘All One Breath’ opened this week (8/21) at Trio Fine Art in Jackson. Wyoming Public Radio’s Micah Schweizer reached her at the gallery.