Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Laramie Master Plan
Thu February 14, 2013
Laramie Advisory Committee seeks public input on Parks Master Plan
Later this month in Laramie, the “Parks, Trails, and Recreation Master Plan Ad Hoc Advisory Committee” will unveil its new 30-year master plan. The committee hopes to get public input about their proposed network of play lots, recreational facilities, and hike and bike paths.
Committee member and City Councilwoman Vicki Henry says that one of the main goals of the plan is to create a long-term vision for Laramie’s parks and trails. The committee hopes that a new multi-sport complex and the proposed trails plan will appeal to a variety of residents.
“The best thing about our trails is that we had connectivity in mind. So, what we’re trying to do is get trails from and between schools and parks and other amenities, like the Rec center,” said Henry.
The committee will host four public meetings in both the afternoon and evening, on February 27th and 28th. Details can be found on the City of Laramie official website: http://www.cityoflaramie.org.