Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon March 12, 2007
Laramie Guard Company to Keep Terror Watch
Cheyenne, WY – The guard is reassigning responsibility for protecting the state against terrorism from the 67th Army Band in Wheatland to the 133rd Engineer Company in Laramie. The Guard's Quick Reaction Force is Wyoming's front line response, in conjunction with the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security, to terrorism and criminal activities that overwhelm local
law enforcement. The members of the unit provide security, patrols,check points, and other duties in support of civilian authorities. The governor has the authority to activate the group for state
emergencies. The guard says reassigning the force to Laramie ensures that more soldiers can be trained in the force.