Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri June 18, 2004
Laramie Hospital CEO Resigns
Laramie, Wyoming –
The embattled C-E-O of Laramie's Ivinson Memorial Hospital has resigned. Jeffrey Feike told the hospital board that he is stepping down to pursue another job opportunity. Board members are not commenting on any terms of his resignation. He had been making around 200-thousand dollars a year. Several staff and community members had asked the board dismiss Feike, but a vote to dismiss him failed. Board member Dennis Cook says the focus will now be on finding an interim replacement, until a new C-E-O is chosen. Cook says it is important that the board and the community look forward and try and heal some wounds. Fellow board member Terry Guice says everyone needs to put this chapter behind them.