Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Fri November 30, 2012
Laramie Police Department looking for suspect in downtown incident
The Laramie Police Department is asking the public for help locating a suspect. The LPD is seeking a white male, about 5-foot-10 and weighing 210 pounds, wearing a silver jacket and camouflage pants.
Police made a call at the suspect’s residence for an unrelated issue and found items used in methamphetamine preparation. One of the residents is cooperating and the other is still at large, though not considered dangerous.
Police Commander Mitchell Cushman says the nature of the investigation has evolved now.
“We don’t believe that any meth was actually cooked in the house. We believe that they may have been preparing to do so. So right now there doesn’t appear that any type of remediation needs to be done, but this is really early information and I’m not really aware of all the different things that are going on.”
Some Laramie schools were on lockdown as precaution, but that order has been lifted.
Police ask that anyone with information about the suspect call 721-2526.