Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu January 17, 2008
Laramie Wants Busing
Laramie, Wy – Comment from some Laramie residents on a proposed transportation and parking master plan for the college town indicates support for a busing system.
But the bus system would have to get them close to their destination in a timely manner.
A common theme among those speaking at a forum was that Laramie has a long way to go to improve its streets to encourage walking and cycling and discourage students and faculty from driving to the University of Wyoming campus.
A consulting firm is conducting a study into the possibility of developing a master plan to link the campus, the convention center, the downtown area and West Laramie. It is part of a university and city task force on parking and transportation issues in Laramie.
Officials hope the study is finished by late-February so it can be considered by the UW Board of Trustees this summer