Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu February 20, 2014
Lawmakers Withdraw Amendment Requiring UW Deans To Meet With Legislators
The Wyoming House and Senate withdrew an amendment that stirred up segments of the University of Wyoming community Wednesday. The Amendment would have been added to the budget bill.
It required UW deans to meet with a special legislative committee to discuss areas of mutual concern and ways to enhance the educational missions of their departments.
The deans were then to submit a plan to the legislative committee discussing how they will address those concerns. Some on campus called it an infringement of academic freedom. UW officials spoke with lawmakers about the language and were trying to find a compromise. Lawmakers could draft a revised amendment when the legislature debates the budget bill for a final time on Friday.