Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed June 27, 2007
'Limited Number' of Applicants to Replace US Attorney
By Peter O'Dowd
Laramie, WY – A limited number of candidates applied to fill Wyoming's US Attorney position vacated by Matt Meade, but Senator Mike Enzi's office says those who did apply are qualified for the job.
Enzi's spokesman Coy Knobel did not reveal how many applications the senator received, but he says the limited number might have something to do with President George Bush. He says the new US attorney will likely only be in the job through the remaining year and a half of the president's term.
The president will consider three or more names from Enzi and the Senate will confirm the appointment.
Meade resigned earlier this month to seek the senate seat vacated by the late Craig Thomas.