Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Tue June 6, 2006
Man Arrested After Road Rage
Cheyenne, Wy – A man opened fire on a semi truck on
Interstate 25 in an apparent fit of road rage north of Wheatland
this morning (Tuesday).
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says 35-year-old Jeremy White shot
six times into the driver's side door of the truck. The patrol says
White then called nine-one-one and surrendered to troopers
alongside Interstate 25. White was taken to the Platte County jail
Glass from the shattered driver's side window injured the face
of the truck driver, identified as 55-year-old Bobbie Hull, but
those injuries were only minor.
The patrol says the confrontation began in a work zone. Although
the posted speed limit was 65 miles an hour, White drove through at
30 miles an hour.
White was pulling a trailer with his Suzuki S-U-V and Hull was
following in his tractor-trailer. The patrol says White opened fire
on Hull's truck shortly after they drove out of the work zone.
Patrol officials say White afterward blamed the truck driver,
saying he tried to run him off the road.