Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu February 5, 2004
Moskee Purchase Urged
Casper, WY – A hearing takes place Thursday night in Casper on an issue various outdoor groups will support in front of the Legislature next week. The organizations are backing legislation to have the state purchase what are called the Homestake lands in the Black Hills. The bill would set aside $24 Million for the 31,000 acre purchase. The Wyoming Wildlife Federation fears a private buyer may get the land if the state doesn't act quickly. If that happens the federation thinks citizens could lose access.