Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 11, 2012
Mountain lion killed in Gillette
A mountain lion spotted in a Gillette neighborhood has been killed.
Wyoming Game and Fish officials say the 2-year-old female cat was shot Tuesday to protect the public.
Some people reported seeing the cat on Monday but officers weren't able to find where it was living until the following day.
Game warden Irah Leonetti said the cat was living under a trailer in an area just east of an industrial park and had been feeding on some deer.
The last time he can remember a mountain lion being shot in the city was in 2008.