Most Active Stories
- Al Gore Goes Vegan, Following In Footsteps Of Bill Clinton
- Wyoming fires Football Coach Dave Christensen
- Tribes still waiting for answer from EPA on air quality monitoring
- State takeover of uranium mining regulation would cost at least $4.5 million
- King's Singers to perform live Dec. 5 @ 11 am on Wyoming Public Radio
Mon September 23, 2013
Mountain West Conference recognizes UW QB Brett Smith
Wyoming Quarterback Brett Smith has been named the Mountain West Conference Offensive player of the week.
Smith set Wyoming’s single game yardage record and broke some other school records as the Cowboys crushed Air Force Saturday 56 to 23.
Head Coach Dave Christensen says he was happy with Smith’s performance.
“I thought did Brett did a fantastic job of going out and executing our offense. You know he was spot on Saturday night… And I think Brett would be the first to tell you that the other ten guys around him also got their jobs done and enabled him to have the success that he had. But he certainly played at an extremely high level for us on Saturday night.”
Smith was also named Co-National Performer of the Week by College Football Performance Awards, sharing the honor with Pittsburgh quarterback Tom Savage.