Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon May 23, 2005
Mudslides Strike Beartooth Pass
Red Lodge, MT – The scheduled re-opening of the scenic Beartooth Highway may not happen this Friday, as planned. Steady rain caused at least six mudslides on US Highway 212 on the Montana side of Beartooth Pass. The rock-and-mud slides were up to ten feet deep and wiped out entire sections of asphalt. Montana highway officials will fly over the area Monday or Tuesday to determine what to do next.