Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon April 9, 2007
Natural Gas Production Stil Strong
Laramie, Wy – Natural gas production increased
five-point-four percent in Wyoming last year.
That is the ninth consecutive year the state has recorded higher
According to preliminary numbers compiled by the Wyoming Oil and
Gas Conservation Commission, the state produced two-point-one (b)
billion cubic feet of gas.
That ranks the state third behind Texas and Oklahoma in gas
Wyoming accounted for almost nine percent of total U-S gas
The Powder River Basin in northeast Wyoming continues to lead
the state in gas production. the Jonah and Pinedale gas fields in
Sublette County are also major producers.