Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon September 26, 2005
The new Hathaway Scholarship Program
Wyoming – The new Hathaway Scholarship Program will give out millions of dollars each year to help Wyoming high school graduates pay for college. But, it's unknown right now if this will encourage more students to seek higher education or be a gift to those who would attend the University of Wyoming or a state community college anyway.
Wyoming Public Radio's Renny MacKay reports a committee is wrapping up work on the details of the scholarship hashing out issues like whether to start the program in the fall.