Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri November 28, 2003
Norton Thinks Sides Can Work Together
Casper, Wy – The Bush Administration is frequently accused of siding with Industry, but the Secretary of the Interior says that is not always the case. Gail Norton discussed the issue during a visit to Wyoming and says it is her desire to focus on what the best use of land is. She also does not want such desicions made in Washington, preferring to here what folks think at the local level. She hopes people can work together and not stand far apart and take extreme perspectives.