Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon December 13, 2004
Not Guilty Plea in Powell Shooting Death
Powell, WY – A not guilty plea was entered last week in a case stemming from the October death of an 18-year-old from Powell. Ryan Burgess is accused of recklessly handling a gun that discharged inside a car, fatally wounding Patrick Teasdale. A police investigator testified that Burgess said he had consumed 18 beers on the night of the shooting. Burgess' attorney contended Burgess told police he always leaves the chamber empty when carrying a gun, and that Burgess said other people had played with the gun earlier in the evening.