Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
It's All Politics
Wed August 31, 2011
Obama's Address To Joint Session Would Be Same Time As GOP Debate
President Obama just told House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) that he wants to address a joint session of Congress on Sept. 7, at 8 p.m. ET, to lay out his latest jobs plan.
Worth noting: 8 p.m. ET is also the planned starting time for the Sept. 7 Republican candidates presidential debate at the Reagan Library in California. It's scheduled to be broadcast on MSNBC, CNBS and Telemundo. Politico will be streaming it.
Watch for one of those times to change (we think we know which one it would more likely be).