Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed August 16, 2006
Other Fires Also Burn
Dubois, Wy – While a wildfire burning on Casper Mountain is getting the most attention, there are other fires burning in
The Purdy Fire has burned nearly eight-thousand acres about 21
miles west of Dubois.
Ellen Jungck is fire information officer on the Purdy Fire. She says the Purdy Fire is about nine miles west of two
subdivisions that together have about 200 buildings. She says residents have been alerted that they should be prepared to
evacuate if necessary.
There are 164 firefighters assigned to the Purdy Fire, together
with three helicopters and other equipment.
Elsewhere in the state, the Jim Creek fire has burned just over
two-thousand acres about 24 miles north of Pinedale, in the Upper
Green River Basin.
Mark Randall with the Forest Service in Pinedale says the fire
has grown by a couple of hundred acres over the previous few days.
But he says it's not threatening any of the summer homes in the