Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon May 2, 2005
Peterson Selected As New Senator
Powell, Wy – District 19 in Park and Big Horn Counties have a new Senator. Former County Commissioner and Rural Development Council Member Ray Peterson was selected to replace Laness Northrup in the Senate. He was selected by County commissioners from Park and Big Horn Counties. He says he's a "progressive conservative". Among his goals is to help fund local government. "They spend it most effectively and wisely, and so the more money and more revenues we can get back to our counties, communities, schools, you know the local boards thatknow what the needs are and spend it most effectively. I've always been a bit believer in that".
Peterson will replace Laness Northrup who died last month from Cancer and will serve the remainder of his term, which will run till 2006. Peterson lost to Northrup in the Republican primary in 2002.