Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed October 5, 2005
Pharmacy Proposal Defeated
Laramie, Wy – A proposal that would regulate a situation where pharmacists refuse to fill prescriptions based on personal objections was defeated by the Wyoming Board of Pharmacy. Board Director Jim Carder says opposition to the plan was overwhelming despite the fact that the board was attempting to actually put rules into place that would allow the board to take action if such a situation occurred. Many feared that the board was actually opening the door for pharmacists to refuse certain prescriptions causing hardships. Carder says the issue is off the table for now but may be looked at in the future.