Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu November 17, 2011
Pit bulls blamed for killing sheep in Riverton
Pit bulls are blamed for killing sheep in Riverton.
Farm owner Bill Jennings says he has found over 50 sheep dead in the last few months. He says he's found dogs in with the sheep twice and has put down three dogs.
Capt. Ryan Lee of the Fremont County Sheriff's Office said a lot of people seem to be allowing their dogs to run free. However, he says owners can be criminally and civilly responsible for any damage they cause to livestock.
The Farm Bureau is offering a reward of over $2,000 for information on the sheep attacks.