Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue September 4, 2007
Plans on Track for Powell Clinic
Powell, WY – Plans are on track in Powell to open a free
medical clinic by Nov. 1.
Organizers of the clinic say it will provide medical services
for low-income people without health insurance.
The clinic is being set up with help from the Volunteers in
Medicine Institute, which has helped establish 50 free clinics
Volunteers involved in the Powell clinic so far include doctors,
nurses, physical therapists, mental health workers, social workers
and a receptionist.
Dr. Nick Morris is chairman of the board working to create the
clinic. He says the board has applied for nonprofit status.