Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue December 2, 2003
Poaching On The Rise
Laramie, Wy – The rash of wildlife poaching cases is not slowing down. The most recent saw a deer shot and left to die on the Western Wyoming Community College campus. Six poaching cases in Yellowstone have been reported over the last six months. Wyoming Game and Fish is offering a reward for information of killing three bull mouse south of Mountain View. The Game Warden Rich King sees a link to the growing interest in trophy-class animals over the last decade.