Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon October 11, 2004
Prison List Narrowed To Three
Laramie, Wy – Torrington, Riverton and Rawlins are the three finalists for Wyoming's new prison. All three will now move to phase two where the communities will be looked at even more closely and issues ranging from livability to cost of construction will be considered. Department of Corrections Director Bob Lampert adds that a big issue will be both Health and Mental Health care.
Lampert says they also want to gage the opposition to a prison coming to a particular community. The plan is to narrow the selection down to one and submit it to the legislature.