Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue June 15, 2004
Public Comment Opens On Yellowstone Snowmobiles
Yellowstone National Park, WY – Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park officials have opened a 30-day comment period on temporary rules for snowmobiling this coming winter in both parks. Park service officials say the comments will be used to come up with several management options. Those alternatives will then be opened for a 30-day public review that will begin by August 20th. A final management plan for the winter is expected before the winter season begins around December 15th. The temporary rules will be in place while the issue of snowmobile use in both parks is challenged in court.