Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon November 4, 2013
Report recommends spending more, accommodating UW student athletes
A new report suggests that University of Wyoming Athletics can excel with a few big changes.
UW President Bob Sternberg wants to improve UW athletics, and his office funded the $35,000 College Sports Associates study.
It suggested that UW athletics be a consideration in the University’s long term planning process, and that academic polices be changed to make it easier for student athletes to transfer credits. It also pointed to the need for additional revenue to address high travel costs, staff recruitment and retention… and for UW to have enough money to compete with other schools in the Mountain West Conference.
CSA said an overall culture change is needed to create the expectation of conference championships at UW.