Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri November 21, 2003
Residents Want Road Renamed
Cody, WY – Residents in Park county are asking commissioners to change the name of a road southwest of Cody because they say it's obscene. County Road Six-F-U got its name in 1980, when the county adopted a new road naming system. It's raised eyebrows over the years. And now more than 30 property owners have signed a petition asking for dual designation or two names for the road. They don't mind keeping County Road Six-F-U, but they also want to road known as Sheep Mountain Road. A similar request was rejected by commissioners in 1991. But they appear willing to do something about the matter this time and have asked residents to present them with a list of potential names.