Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed December 28, 2005
Search Called Off
Jackson, Wy –
After searching for several hours in cold and wet weather searchers called off their search for a missing snowmobiler Captain Jim Whalen of the Teton County Sheriffs office admits that it does not look good. from a realistic standpoint and frankly from a very sad standpoint there is very little hope that anyone could survive this situation."
Whalen says searchers have had to battle weather and need to be wary of setting off other avalanches as they continue their work.