Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri November 17, 2006
Sen. Thomas: Treatment is Going Well
Laramie, Wy – Senator Craig Thomas says his doctors are encouraged by how he's responding to chemotherapy for leukemia.
He also says they're impressed that he continues to do 60 push-ups a day.
Thomas has been hospitalized at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, since November 6. He first went in for pneumonia, but tests revealed that he had leukemia.
Thomas began chemotherapy November 9 and is expected to remain in the hospital until he completes his treatment.
He says that after a week of chemotherapy, his doctors say that he's exceeded the benchmarks they set for him. He says he hopes to be back in the Senate before the start of the next term.
Thomas, a Republican, won re-election to a third term while he was in the hospital. He got 70 percent of the vote to beat Democrat