Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon August 13, 2007
Senator Barrasso Engaged
Cheyenne, Wy – It's been a big summer for Wyoming U.S.
Senator John Barrasso.
First he was appointed to the U.S. Senate in June, and now the
Republican is engaged.
Barrasso publicly announced his engagement to Thermopolis native
Bobbi Brown yesterday (Saturday) in Cheyenne at the annual Race for
Barrasso and Brown were honorary race co-chairs for this year's
event to raise money for breast cancer research and programs, and
Brown is a breast cancer survivor.
Brown says the couple has not set a date for the wedding, but
are thinking about this Thanksgiving.
Brown served as state director for the late Senator Craig Thomas
for nearly 17 years. She lives in Casper and has one teenage
Barrasso was selected to replace Thomas in June by Governor
Before that he served as a senator in the Wyoming Legislature
and worked as an orthopedic surgeon in Casper. He has two children.