Most Active Stories
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Affordable Care Act
Thu June 28, 2012
Senator Mike Enzi Reacts to Supreme Court Verdict on Affordable Care Care
Senator Mike Enzi held a press conference today, deriding the recent Supreme Court decision to uphold the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Enzi—who was instrumental in developing the healthcare bill –opposes the legislation on the grounds that it will raise taxes, increase the budget deficit, and be hard on small businesses.
Enzi says the only bright side of the Supreme Court ruling is that it rejects a requirement that would have states provide Medicaid to a much larger sector of the population.
“What this does is ensure that people that are under Medicaid at the present time can be taken care of by the state adequately… and that they can figure out what additional things they are going to be able to afford,” Enzi says.
Because of the Supreme Court’s decision, any changes to the law would have to go through Congress. Some members of the US House of Representatives hope to put a repeal of the law in motion next month.