Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu May 25, 2006
Senators Vote No on Immigration Bill
Laramie, Wy – The immigration bill that passed the U-S Senate today did not have the support of Wyoming's senators. Craig Thomas, the senior senator, says he thinks the bill goes too far, offering amnesty to illegal immigrants. Senator Mike Enzi says he opposed the provision that would have allowed the undocumented workers to qualify for Social Security.
Now the House and Senate have to try and reach a compromise between their immigration bills. Thomas says he does not support the House version, including the part that would make illegal immigrants felons.