Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon September 13, 2004
Sheridan County Commissioners Cleared
Sheridan, Wy – State Attorney General Pat Crank won't
pursue criminal charges against two former Sheridan County commissioners and one current commissioner.
Crank's office investigated their handling of a county road and
bridge building contract.
Crank says his office found no intentional misuse of public
funds by former commissioners Steve Cox and Brad Waters and current
commissioner Charley Whiton.
He says when potential conflicts arose, a commissioner would
declare the conflict and not vote.
But Crank chastised the commissioners for being sloppy in
handling the situation and not taking care to avoid the appearance