Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon November 19, 2007
Smoking Ban Up For A Vote
Rock Springs, Wy – The cities of Rock Springs and Green
River could be the latest Wyoming municipalities to enact bans on
smoking in public.
Both Rock Springs and Green River are scheduled to read proposed
ordinances tomorrow night (Tuesday) that would ban smoking in
public buildings. If the bans pass, the cities would join Cheyenne,
Laramie and Evanston as Wyoming cities that don't allow smoking.
The ordinances that Rock Springs and Green River are considering
would sill allow smoking in bars and private clubs.
The existing bans on smoking in Wyoming cities prohibit smoking
in bars and clubs. Many bar owners say the bans have hurt their