Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon February 16, 2004
Some Laramie Businesses Oppose Smoking Ban
Laramie, WY – Some business owners in Laramie are unhappy about a movement to ban smoking in workplaces, including bars and restaurants. A group called Smoke-Free Laramie is writing a no smoking ordinance for the city council to consider. Bar owners in particular are wary of the proposal. Reed's Package Liquor owner Jade Miller says he doen't think people in Laramie like it when others tello them what to do. But other businesses support the proposed ban. The owner of Lovejoy's Bar and Grill and Altitude Chophouse and Brewery says business at both restaurants has improved since partial smoking bans were implemented five months ago.