Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri December 23, 2011
Songs To Annoy You This Holiday Season
This is the time of year that either has you humming about a one-horse open sleigh or bah-humbugging the various versions of "Jingle Bells" you've heard in stores, on hold and in commercials. Wherever you reside on the Christmas cheer spectrum, we have something to annoy even those who wear reindeer sweaters.
Jim Nayder, host of Chicago Public Radio's The Annoying Music Show!, joins Weekend Edition Saturday host Scott Simon for a roundup of truly grating songs for your holiday season. Included this year is a heavy-metal carol from Twisted Sister, an Afro-Caribbean Hanukkah jam and more.