Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Sat August 6, 2011
A Special Visitor Alights On Coney Island
This week, a foreign visitor came to Coney Island, perching along the boardwalk on a sweltering August afternoon. To most of us, the grey-hooded gull would look much like all of the other seagulls that flock to Coney Island, but bird enthusiasts could tell this one was special. Host Scott Simon has more on the buzz among birders.