Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed June 9, 2004
Stabbing at State Hospital
Laramie, Wy – Just days after a report on operations at the State Hospital came out a patient there stabbed a staff member.
Attorney General Pat Crank says the report on the psychiatric facility did mention that staff needs to be more cautious with silverware. And it was a butter knife that the patient used in the attack. Crank says fortunately the staff member will be OK.
The report's major finding is the hospital is understaffed and that was the case when a woman there committed suicide in March. Crank says the state is going to increase salaries to try to recruit and retain staff.